Product Director of ECommerce & Backoffice Systems
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Reporting into the VP of Technical Strategy & Product, as the Director of Product, E-commerce & Back Office Systems you will be responsible for defining and building a modern and high-converting e-commerce shopping and subscription billing platform that supports all of CleanChoice Energy’s products and consumers, with particular focus on back office tools. You will lead a team of product managers responsible for strategy, roadmap and execution of our e-commerce and billing platform and for creating a world-class shopping experience for consumers.
This individual will partner closely with business stakeholders and PMs to translate category specific requirements into extensible platform capabilities that can be leveraged by all businesses, incorporating those into the core e-commerce roadmap and prioritizing accordingly.
- Define and execute a vision and roadmap for CCE’s core commerce shopping funnel that elevates the brand, drives conversion, and improves the consumer experience
- Manage a portfolio of small, medium, and large product initiatives, united under a clearly articulated product strategy
- Advocate and evangelize within product and the broader organization relentless focus on customer-centric thinking and prioritization
- Develop service-oriented capabilities in the commerce platform that maximize ability for categories to easily extend core functionality to meet business-specific requirements
- Partner closely with GM’s and PM’s to identify and translate category-specific requirements into core commerce projects for roadmap execution
- Communicate updates on deliverables and outcomes to partners
- Work closely with Engineering, Agile Release Management and Product Design to execute roadmap projects ensuring on-time, on-budget, high quality delivery
- Develop scalable process for monitoring customer feedback - both ongoing and one-off deep dives - to analyze and understand contact drivers and develop a roadmap for reducing contact rate in partnership with Operations
- Implement processes to monitor and reduce measured errors and latency via an ongoing, baseline on-call or roadmap investment
- Create and implement processes for capturing, prioritizing, and fixing core commerce production errors via focused activities (shop the site) and inbound company-wide reporting channels
- Manage delivery-oriented Product Managers and provide regular job performance feedback and career development support
- Play an active role in our recruiting process for product and engineering roles as we grow our team
- A strategic, consumer-centric thinker. You understand consumer segments deeply and intuitively, and you naturally gravitate to the consumer when answering questions or considering strategies.
- Results oriented. You are most comfortable in work environments which are outcome-oriented and merit-based and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment.
- A passionate customer advocate. You are ready to put the customer first and influence others across the company to think similarly.
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy an environment that has been structured for collaboration and interdependencies.
- A systems thinker. You intuitively understand interdependencies, ask follow-up questions, and drive to solutions that balance the success of initiatives across revenue, quality, brand, and cost goals.
- A collaborative people leader. You know how to work effectively with your functional-executive peers and their organizations, advocating for your category, holding colleagues accountable and leading the entire cross-functional team to success. People follow you, even when they don’t report to you.
- Agile Product Management / Product Ownership experience; at least 3-4 of those years in consumer facing (ideally with emphasis on mobile-first) Product Management role.
- Proven track record working for at least 2-3 years within a high-growth (but still profitable) business, leading or closely collaborating on Growth Hacking strategies and execution leading to exponential growth.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design.
- Strong technical chops and ability to partner closely with engineers.
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Experience with subscription business, monetization strategies and/or behavior change a plus.
- Experience leading or closely collaborating on SEO / SEM / ASO strategies a strong plus.
- Experience working within the SAFe framework is a plus.