Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
CleanChoice Energy is looking for a highly skilled and experienced senior backend software engineer who is passionate about helping us accomplish our mission of preventing catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air, and abundant renewable energy. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the clean energy industry, come join us.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to build and modernize CleanChoice Energy’s enterprise platform for expanding our digital marketing presence. In this role, an engineer will get the opportunity to work on greenfield development projects using best practices while influencing architecture and tackling our unique technical challenges.
This is an amazing opportunity to help drive the growth of our business and our Marketing Technology engineering team. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why you'll love making CleanChoice Energy the next step in your career.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Build and contribute to CleanChoice Energy’s technology platforms to enable growth for the business.
- Collaboratively contribute to code bases with other team members to write simple, elegant, well-structured, well-tested code that drives new features and improvements across all our products and services.
- Work closely with our Engineering, Marketing, and Product teams to deliver features on time and to specifications.
- Write unit tests and integration tests for production code and understand how to achieve good test coverage.
- Build creative solutions to solve tough business challenges.
- Promote technical best practices.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in designing and building secure, scalable, and reliable systems.
- Experience working with a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Service (AWS), Google Cloud Provider (GCP), Heroku, or Microsoft Azure (Azure)
- Understanding of Service-Oriented/Cloud Based Microservices Architecture and event-driven distributed systems
- Knowledge and Proficiency of relational database systems such as Snowflake, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with data modeling techniques
- Prior experience integrating 3rd party API's and components.
- Proficient with Git
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Kanban development methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate cross functionally with Agile Coaches, product managers and other engineers.
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team-oriented environment.