CleanChoice Energy is looking for a highly productive, adaptable, detail-oriented and highly motivated Senior Coordinator, Email and SMS Marketing to join the team in our Washington, DC headquarters. In this role, you’ll collaborate with the Email, Automation, and Marketing Technology Team to deliver an exceptional email experience to attract and convert subscribers into customers for our Clean Electricity and Community Solar products. The right candidate is excited to contribute to the growth, development, and successful execution of our email and SMS campaigns.
This individual will help manage the full scope of email and SMS marketing from building and sending emails and text message campaigns to reporting and optimizing marketing campaigns.
This is an exciting opportunity if you're passionate about building engaging marketing experiences and want to join a fast-growing certified B Corporation, whose mission is to transform the U.S. electricity market by making it easy to support clean energy and reduce pollution. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Email Marketing. *Our headquarters are currently closed and remote work is in place until further notice due to COVID-19.
- Achieve marketing goals, objectives, and key results through the development and execution of automated and blast email marketing programs
- Develop and optimize email marketing strategies and tactics to drive customer growth and increase brand loyalty
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development of monthly and quarterly editorial calendars
- Manage the end-to-end production of email marketing campaigns—build emails using HTML/CSS & A/B tests, QA, and send through Braze
- Lead dynamic content and personalization development process using liquid, ensuring messaging and data are QA’ed and successfully executed
- Implement multi-channel marketing campaigns (email and SMS) and optimize customer journey touchpoints in Braze
- Develop email copy and creative and secure necessary approvals
- Collaborate with freelancers and our digital agency partners on new creative and email copy requests
- Evaluate email metrics and web analytics to make actionable recommendations and inform the development of new tests
- Work within the Email, Automation, and Marketing Technology Team to maintain email and SMS marketing and testing calendars and implement plans according to goals
- Work collaboratively across the Marketing, Product, Operations, and Technology teams to develop strong, productive relationships with coworkers
- Stay current on and experiment with new email and digital marketing tactics to increase conversions and to tell the story of our brand
- Gain an understanding of retail electricity, clean energy, and community solar markets
- Other duties as assigned
- You have 2-4 years of experience in digital marketing with emphasis on email marketing. Experience with SMS marketing is also a plus
- You have strong development skills coding HTML and/or CSS
- You have hands-on experience with a major ESP or Marketing Automation Platform like Marketo, Braze, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.). CleanChoice Energy uses Braze
- You have strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- You have the ability to analyze email and web metrics and generate hypotheses
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You’re highly organized and excel in time management
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring emails are deployed perfectly for every send
- You have a collaborative working style and enjoy building strong cross-functional relationships
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable tackling problems in ambiguous situations
- You’re highly adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have the desire and ability to learn new tools and techniques; experience with Salesforce CRM, JIRA and/or Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- You have passion to make our environment more sustainable, and our air cleaner
A sunny office in Washington, DC overlooking the C&O Canal National Park. We’re one block from the Georgetown waterfront.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills and a robust benefits package.
How to apply
Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success. We strongly encourage women and/or people of color to apply.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via CleanChoice Energy careers